Why the registration of vehicle is necessary?
The vehicle can be driven or allowed to be driven in public place only after registration by registering authority as under the provision of section 39 of motor vehicle Act 1988.
Where to approach for vehicle registration?
You have to approach your local zonal office of the Transport Department for registration of private/non-commercial vehicles. There are few dealers who have also been given the registration powers,delivers the vehicles after registration only. To locate your concerned zonal office press zonal offices. For registration of commercial vehicles you have to approach to office of M.L.O.(Head Qtr.),Transport Department,Under Hill Road,Delhi-110054. For registration of Taxi\TSR you have to approach MLO (AR) inspection unit Burari.
What is the procedure for registration of new private/non commercial vehicle?
The registration procedure includes the vehicle to be inspected physically by Inspecting Authority at zonal office for its particulars and followed by registration.The documents required to apply the registration are as follows :-
- Form 20 duty filled up.
- Form 21 (Sale certificate) issued by the vehicle dealer
- Form 22 (Road worthiness certificate) issued by the which manufacturer
- Attested copy of valid vehicle insurance policy/covernote
- Attested copy of address proof at which vehicle is to be registered.
- Attested copy of the G.I.R. no./Pan no. or Form 60/Form 61 of or from the owner
- Form 34 duty signed by owner and the Attested copy of the G.I.R. no./Pan no. financier in case vehicle is bought on Hypothecation
- One time road tax as applicable
- Prescribed fee for registration
After allocation of registration numbers, fee slip is given to the applicant on the same day and above documents are kept by the zonal office. The registration fee slip can be retained as registration proof till registration certificate is not delivered.
The registration certificate Form – 23 can be collected on any subsequent working day after depositing the registration fee slip.
How can the dealers register the vehicles ?
Under the provisions of Motor Vehicle Act,Transport Department has authorised few dealers to register the vehicles at their end for the benefit of public and to avoid the hassles in registration procedure.The list of authorised registering dealers is as under :
Maruti dealers :
- M/s Agnal Traders Ltd., 45, Rani Jhasi Road, New Delhi
- M/s Sikand & Co., 50, Jhanpath, New Delhi
- M/s Saya Automobiles Ltd., A-20-21, G. T. Karnal Road, Delhi
- M/s Bagga Link Motors Ltd., 395, Pataparganj Estate, Delhi
- M/s D.D. Motors, Raja Garden Chowk, New Delhi
- M/s Vikas Motors Ltd., 5, Scindia House, New Delhi
- M/s Allied Motors Pvt. Ltd., E-46/14, Okhla Indl. Area, Ph.-II, New Delhi
- M/s Competent Automobiles Co. Ltd., F-14, Connaught Palace, New Delhi
- M/s Gautam Motors Pvt. Ltd., E-46/14, Okhla Indl. Area, Ph.-II, New Delhi
- M/s Bhandari Automobiles, 134/4-135/4, Lala Lajpat Raya Road, Delhi
- M/s Bhasin Motors (India) P. Ltd., B-1, Udyog Nagar, Rohtak Road, Delhi
LML Dealers :
- M/s Himgiris Motors, C-42, East Krishna Nagar, Opp. Swan Cinema, Delhi-51
- M/s Sh. Shakti Agencies IX/81-A, Kailash Nagar, Main Pushta, Gandhi Nagar, Delhi
- M/s Hi-Tech products Servies, J-11, Res. Bank Encl., Paschim Vihar, Delhi
- M/s Manglam Agencies, S-2, Green Park Extn., Opp. Uphar Cinema Complex, New Delhi
- M/s Excellent Agencies, 747, Joshi Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi
- M/s Excellent Motors, 4A/5, Tilak Nagar, Delhi